Our Troop participates in the Martin’s Cash for Causes program.
Purchase Martin’s gift cards through the Troop and 5% of your purchase is deposited into your son’s Scout account. It’s “free money” if you shop (or purchase gas) at Martin’s!
If you spend $100 per week on groceries or gasoline, your son will accumulate more than $250 per year in a Scout account in his name!
Kristen Bird runs the program for us, and any questions can be directed to Kristin at 443.286.4121.
How it Works:
- To purchase cards:
- Kristen sends out a note to let the Troop know she is accepting orders for Martin’s cards. Just let her know the value of cards you would like to purchase.
- Bring a check payable to Troop 883 for the face value of the card.
- PLEASE NOTE: You must pay for the cards before the order is placed.
- Kristin will bring the cards to the next Troop Meeting, or you can make alternative arrangements with her to pick them up.
- You use the full face value of the cards (just like a debit card) at all Stop & Shop, Giant, Super Giant, Tops, and Martin’s store locations.
- Five percent (5%) of the value of the card is deposited into your son’s Scout Account.
- The proceeds from the account can be used to pay for Scouting-related items for your son, including:
- Trips and outings
- Troop dues
- Other reasonable, Scout-related expenses